How does it work?
There’s 50% off Goats and more in our half price gift sale. But don't worry, you won’t be giving half a goat. The money donated towards half price Oxfam unwrapped gifts
will be used, whenever possible, to secure donations from a partner of Oxfam thanks to something called co-funding. This means that when you buy a half price gift a
partner of Oxfam will donate the other half (or possibly even more).
Some of our partners agree to donate towards our work on the condition that we’re able to co-fund a project. For example they might say “we’ll pay for 50% of the project,
but Oxfam needs to pay for the other 50%”. This means that if we can't raise our share of the funding we lose the other 50% from the donors. And that's why your donations
are so vital. The money we raise in the half price sale will go towards these co-funded projects, whenever possible, and help us to raise even more donations to support
our life-changing work.
Who is the donor?
A range of donors offer co-funding. They include the UK governments Department for International Development, the European Union, as well as private trusts and charitable
foundations, to name just a few.
Can you give me an example?
Money raised in last year’s gift sale helped to support one of our projects in Niger, helping to make sure that children can access the education they deserve. For every £1
contributed to the project by Oxfam (thanks to the donations given in the half price sale), our partner SIDA contributed another £9
Terms and conditions
1. We will endeavour to use the income raised from the half price gift sale to enable co-funding. However, in exceptional circumstances, this may not be possible.
2. Income raised from the sale will be spent on the category in accordance with the ‘how we spend your money’ section [https://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/oxfam-unwrapped/how-we-spend-your-money].
3. The offer is for the specified Oxfam Unwrapped gifts only. It does not include all Oxfam Unwrapped gifts, little extras, donated items on the online shop or Sourced by Oxfam products.
4. The selected gifts are non-exchangeable with any of our other products from Oxfam Online Shop.
5. The offer is available for a limited time only: from 14th December to 21st December 2017
6. Available online and by phone only. This offer is not available in our network of Oxfam shops across the UK.
7. The offer is available while stocks last.